Do you have a great idea for an article or a book? Have you realized that getting published can be a powerful marketing tool? Are you clueless about how to begin breaking into the publishing world?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, join Barbara Winter for a lively teleclass that will give you an overview of the mysterious world of publishing.
- How and where to submit your ideas
- How to sell and resell your material
- The pros and cons of self-publishing vs. conventional publishing
- How to be irresistible to publishers
- Back-door techniques for getting started
Whether you dream about being a full-time writer or want to write as a sideline, this teleclass will give you the basics, plus answer your questions and share resources. Barbara will draw on her own substantial experiences as a newsletter editor, article writer, published book author, and editor of numerous self-published books.
Have an idea for a seminar but don’t know how to get it started? Wondering if you need better credentials? Aren’t sure how to expand an existing seminar?
If you’ve been curious about the growing seminar industry, this teleclass will show you how to get started.
- The three stages of bringing a seminar to life
- The critical — but often overlooked — factor that will make your seminar stand out
- Free and inexpensive promotional ideas
- The difference between venues — and how to make a match for your subject
- Additional income sources and how to make the most of them
There are unlimited opportunities for packaging and delivering information via seminars and I’ll help you take the first steps. Whether your passion is serious or whimsical, there’s probably an audience waiting to learn what you already know.
Not long ago, I saw a story on television about an innovative house in Florida designed by an architect who has used my Establish Yourself as an Expert tools to gain visibility and credibility for his practice.
Hardly a week passes when I don’t read or hear about someone who has adapted this material successfully in building their own business. Coaches, photographers, writers, inventors, entrepreneurs of all sorts have learned to think like an expert and position themselves in a way that makes them memorable.
And, yet, many people think that they lack what it takes to be perceived as an expert. Think you can’t establish yourself as an expert until you write that book or get invited to appear on CNN? Think again. Building expert status is an on-going, long-term process and in this lively teleclass you’ll learn more than a dozen ways to start doing just that. We’ll focus on small steps you can take now to start building your expert business—right where you are.
It is not necessarily at home that we best encounter our true selves.
The domestic setting keeps us tethered to the person we are in ordinary life,
who may not be who we essentially are.
~ Alain de Botton, The Art of Travel
Been bitten by the travel bug and need a way to finance your dream? You don’t have to win the lottery in order to see the world. Finding a way to fund your travel dreams can be a creative adventure in and of itself. While many might forego travel or spend years scrimping to save up for a big excursion, there are other options for those willing to take an entrepreneurial approach.
Numerous opportunities are available to those wishing to set up shop in the global village. If you think you might enjoy becoming an entrepreneurial gypsy, this seminar will introduce you to some of those opportunities and show you how to generate ideas of your own. Here’s what we’ll be covering:
- Become clear about the role you want travel to play in your life.
- How to make travel a regular activity in your life.
- Ways to earn money as you go.
- A frequently overlooked, surefire moneymaker.
- How to create a portable business.
- Off the beaten path sources of support.
- How to use a hobby or avocation to fund and enhance travel.
- Ways to get paid to travel (other than working for the airlines).
If you’re ready to travel farther and stay longer, this seminar will show you what others are doing and how you can, too. Get out your suitcases, grab your passport and camera — but, first, take this teleclass!
Inspiration isn’t just for artists. When it comes to starting a business or making one better, creative ideas are king. But even though great ideas are lurking all around us, sometimes we miss them because we’ve committed ourselves to a process of creative seclusion.
Creating new ideas in isolation is hard work and can take a long time to yield results. This type of brainstorming can lead to a downpour of confusion or self-censorship rather than a sunrise of possibilities.
Thankfully, there are better ways to find new ideas while also engaging in a process that will leave you feeling energized and inspired. In this teleclass, Joyfully Jobless Muse, Barbara Winter and Idea Artisan, Alice Barry, will help create a new process for developing ideas. Join us and you’ll learn:
- Why inspiration is important and how to start feeling inspired today
- The best ways to get new ideas flowing
- The top 10 places where new ideas show up
- Ten hottest trends to apply to your business now
- The important role of experiments, mistakes and failures
- What to next when a good idea strikes
If you’re ready to break free from isolation and start a new creative process that has you seeing opportunity everywhere, rather than trying to figure out how or if opportunities exists, this class is for you!
Learning to generate cash flow is, of course, an essential ingredient for making a living without a job. It requires leaving behind the single paycheck mentality and moving into the exciting world of multiple profit centers.
In this teleclass we’ll explore ideas to help you develop a healthier relationship with the money aspect of your entrepreneurial life and develop a relaxed and confident approach to creating a steady cash flow. This is not a Make Big Money Fast approach, but a thoughtful exploration of incremental growth.
- A disciplined way to generate cash flow ideas
- How to recognize money blocks and eliminate them
- How to build a portfolio of money-making ideas
- How to stage a Money Fling
- Taming the Money Dragon once and for all
If you’re ready to have everyday be payday, this teleclass is for you. You’ll leave with dozens of ideas you can put to work for you immediately.
The Power of Facebook and Twitter to Market Your Small Business
Want to understand how sites like Facebook and Twitter can help you communicate better with your potential clients and customers as well as grow your business?
You’ve probably been hearing about social media everywhere, from the TV news to the local paper.
In today’s unprecedented business environment, you need to avail yourself of every opportunity to reach out and touch your target market, and build business relationships in ways you never previously imagined. Especially in an economic downturn, an effective communications strategy is key.
It’s a whole new world out there when it comes to marketing yourself. As a small business owner you have the ability to offer what the bigger players can’t–a personal, authentic connection directly with your prospects.
Welcome to the world of Social Media Marketing!
Facebook and Twitter are two of the biggest social sites on the planet — and can help you connect with people who are interested in you and your services through conversation and relationship-building.
This teleclass will teach you how to best use Facebook and Twitter in your small business to generate lots of interest in what it is you have to offer — and help position you as the go-to expert in your niche.
You will learn:
How to implement a few simple but efficient Facebook strategies which give you maximum visibility in minimum time
- The biggest Twitter do’s and don’ts
- The biggest fear business owners have with using Facebook and Twitter to attract new prospects and how to overcome it
- Techniques for driving lots of new traffic to your website or blog
- The easiest ways to find and interact with your target market….and more
Fundamentally, this teleclass will teach you how to begin devising an effective Social Media marketing strategy for your own business — one which will help consistently bring in new clients and more money without ever worrying about having to do a “hard sell.”
Transform your business by becoming a part of the conversation!
Christine Gallagher is an online and social media marketing consultant, trainer and coach who teaches small business owners how to quickly grow their business by using online marketing and social media. She holds a double masters in Information Systems and Information Science from Drexel University and blogs about using social media for fun and profit at CommunicateValue.com
Few businesses, no matter how large or how small, can survive with only a single income source. Besides the difficulty of creating cash flow, having a single source is not nearly as much fun as having several or many ways to earn money.
Join me for a lively exploration of the process of Creating Multiple Profit Centers.
- Two different approaches to organizing Profit Centers
- Why MPCs are as good for your creative spirit as they are for your bottom line
- How to handle the problem of too many ideas
- How to keep growing your business by adding profit centers one at a time
- Using the Mall Model to design your own small business
- When it’s essential to create separate identities for your profit centers—and how to do it without looking like a dabbler
Whether you have wildly different interests or whether you want to expand your current business by adding on complimentary products and services, this teleclass will show you how to put Multiple Profit Centers to work for you.
Want to get all those scattered ideas and thoughts moving in the same direction? Aren’t sure how to get started on a new project or business? In this teleclass, I’ll be sharing the power tool used by all successful achievers—goalsetting. We’ll explore:
- The three kinds of goals—and why you need them all
- How to go from fuzzy to focused
- Seven ways to add momentum and substance to your goalsetting
- How to eliminate goals somebody else set for you
- How to get started where you are with what you’ve got
While every goalsetting process begins with “write down your goals,” this teleclass will show you what to do after you’ve got them on paper. When you put the ideas from this teleclass to work for you, expect to see yourself accomplishing more in less time. More time, more fun, more money starts here.
Very few people start a business because they love marketing. And yet, without marketing it’s unlikely that a business will succeed. Whether you’re a webmaster or window washer, an artist or an accountant, you know that success is dependent upon securing business and that attracting and retaining clients and customers is fundamental to your future. That’s what this teleclass is all about. You’ll learn:
- How to master marketing fears and make marketing fun
- The essentials of making your business stand out
- How to find clients in off the beaten track ways
- How to generate word of mouth endorsements
- Free and inexpensive sources of promotion
- Skills that will generate a growing customer base
Whether you own a business that’s ready for a makeover or you have just printed your first business cards, this teleclass will offer dozens of ideas that will help your business stand out amidst the competition. Even if your marketing budget is small (or nonexistent) you’ll come away with tried and tested practical ideas that will transform your approach to marketing and boost your confidence. This teleclass might even help you learn to love marketing!
Are you a writer who doesn’t write? A musician who doesn’t play? An entrepreneur who doesn’t start a business? Have you ever set out on an exercise program or spiritual practice only to abandon it within weeks? Are you too busy to do the things you truly love? If any of these situations sound familiar, you are probably being stopped in your tracks by resistance.
Resistance is a universal force that distracts and diverts us. It often comes disguised as rational thought, but serves to keep us in a state of frustration. Happily, resistance can be outsmarted and this teleclass will show you how to do just that. You’ll learn:
- How to recognize and challenge resistance
- Five ways to demonstrate your willingness to conquer it
- How to take action despite resistance
- The surprising gift that resistance brings
- How to employ the archenemy of resistance
If you’re tired of excuses and waiting for things to change by themselves, this insightful teleclass will give you the tools and techniques for taking back control–without feeling guilty.
Barbara J. Winter has outsmarted her resistance long enough to write two books, publish the longest-running self-employment newsletter and build an international seminar business.
Warren Buffet isn’t just super-rich; he’s also super-thrifty. He’s not alone. For years, Macy’s slogan was “It’s smart to be thrifty.” How can you be smart, thrifty and creative in building your business without be cheap and stodgy?
That’s precisely what we’ll explore in this teleclass. You’ll learn:
- The critical factor for developing ease with financial matters
- How to recognize false economy–and avoid it
- Tips for saving money on business necessities
- When it pays to splurge–and how to prepare to take advantage of unexpected opportunities
- How to do more with less
Join me and come away with a new approach to running your business while expanding your cash flow.
Solving a problems or finding a more effective way of doing something has been the start of many successful businesses. As a college student, Tony Buzan wanted to learn how to use his brain effectively.
When he couldn’t find any useful information to assist him, he began a personal crusade to learn all he could. As a result, millions of people are mind mapping and learning other techniques to optimize personal intelligence.
While it could be argued that ever business is informed and influenced by our personal experiences, a great deal of opportunity goes unused if we fail to see the potential.
In this Idea Safari, we’ll explore ways to uncover opportunities that may be hiding in plain sight.
- The biggest obstacle that almost everyone encounters
- Some handy tools for uncovering potential
- How to mobilize resources you already have
- A simple skill to master and put to work on your behalf
- Getting started in your own backyard
A word of caution: this Safari is not about falling back on work skills and experiences that you may have but no longer find intriguing. Instead, this Idea Safari will have you looking for buried treasure that’s closer than you may realize.
There’s a good chance that when you were thinking about your life’s work, you got plenty of advice about being practical. Too often, what’s seen as practical is also deadly to our creative spirit.
Every day, ordinary people embark on extraordinary adventures in their businesses—and so can you. Curiosity, a willingness to explore and the courage to step outside your comfort zone are some basic tools anyone can use to bring new experiences to life.
If you’re ready to add huge doses of fun and excitement to your Joyfully Jobless Journey, this Idea Safari will get you headed in the right direction. We’ll explore:
- How to find a personal definition of adventure
- Why risk isn’t a villian
- Why it’s healthy to surprise yourself (and your in-laws)
- A portfolio of profit center ideas that will feed your adventurous spirit
If creating a future of perpetual exploration appeals to you, join me for this excursion to get inspired and informed.